Employment for Graphic Designer
Position: Graphic Designer
Designsensory is a leading, Knoxville, TN-based, brand, interactive and design consultancy. We combine strategy, content, design and technology to help organizations create memorable brand expressions. Our original and award-winning work has helped build and grow brands since 2001.
We are looking for an exceptional visual designer to add to our design team. This opportunity requires a graphic designer versed in both print and digital media, with a minimum of 3 years of professional design experience. The ideal applicant must possess:
• Outstanding design talent with good multi-tasking skills and attention to detail; the designer will work directly with senior management and in collaboration with the design, content, strategy and technical teams.
• A track record of designing corporate communications, such as brand identity elements, advertising, print collateral and environmental graphics is essential, as well as experience designing compelling and usable digital experiences (websites, mobile websites, application interfaces).
• Demonstrate a design sensibility that is balanced, thoughtful and empathetic to end-users and consumers while meeting and exceeding business objectives.
• Strong-to-expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop).
• Strong typographic and illustration skills applied to both a print and interactive setting are also a requirement.
Knowledge of web usability conventions, web standards is a plus. Knowledge of the print production process is a plus.
A portfolio showing print and web/interactive work is required of any applicant. A face-to-face portfolio review meeting may be requested after receipt of your resume. Your portfolio must contain printed samples and active working digital experiences (websites, mobile sites, etc).
Position is fulltime, onsite only. Please no recruiters or freelancers.
To apply by mail please send your resume, compensation requirements, portfolio of work and cover letter to:
Attn: Graphic Designer Position
1740 Commons Point Dr.
Knoxville, TN 37932
To apply by e-mail, send your resume, compensation requirements and cover letter, along with examples of work to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put the following in the subject line: Designer. Please enclose a PDF of portfolio items or links to web sites or your online portfolio if available. A link to an online portfolio is preferred. Please keep PDF file sizes small.
As part of AIGA's Design Week, I had the opportunity to sit on a panel of designers and nonprofit directors to discuss designing for good during an event luncheon. Our topics covered everything from design...
Lindsay Miller traveled to Nevada for work with the 2014 Medal of Honor Convention, art directing a photoshoot at the facility where the nation’s top military award is minted. Lindsay and a video production team...
Recently, I had the honor and fortune to take a little jaunt to northeastern Tennessee to judge the Pinnacle Tourism Awards for NETTA, the Northeast Tennessee Tourism Alliance. The region, located at the foot of...
At Designsensory, we are always on the lookout for new ways to bring better service to our clients. We’re especially pleased to be able to enhance our capabilities with still photography, video and motion expertise.Our...
The nice folks at Pest-Ops came to Designsensory to help locals rediscover a company that has been in Knoxville for 18 years. There’s nothing funny about pests, but Designsensory put some humor—and some shock factor—into...
With an illustration of Alexander Hamilton, our design for CRS (Courthouse Retrieval Systems) Data for the National Association of Realtors’ event invitation was right on the money. While giving a nod to an illustration style...